Community Safeguarding Panel
The Birmingham community safeguarding Panel is set up and run by KIKIT for the following purpose and objectives:
- To increase understanding of statutory and legislative expectations within the community.
- To improve community confidence in statutory safeguarding processes.
- To provide community intelligence for evidence-led local commissioning.
- To broaden the scope of informal and formal safeguarding referral pathways.
- To develop the safeguarding skills and capability of CSP members, and wider community networks.
- To develop early help interventions to appropriately safeguard individuals and the wider community.
- To improve cooperation between community and statutory partners to ensure local residents are safeguarded.
- To develop effective partnership arrangements between the statutory and voluntary community sector.
- To serve as a source of expert advice and support to statutory safeguarding forums.
- To ensure a community-led response is considered.
- Increase activity in safeguarding situations where community safety or confidence is at risk.
- To ensure the most effective and sufficient intervention is provided to those that need safeguarding.
- To ensure that the community is aware of all local and city-wide interventions available to them.
- Facilitate support for individuals and families at the earliest and most localised level possible, avoiding the need for crisis intervention.